qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Looking for a linux-user mode test

From: Sean Bruno
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Looking for a linux-user mode test
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 08:06:26 -0700

After some recent-ish changes to how user mode executes things/stuff,
I'm running into issues with the out of tree bsd-user mode code that
FreeBSD has been maintaining.  It looks like the host_signal_handler()
is never executed or registered correctly in our code.  I'm curious if
the linux-user code can handle this bit of configure script from m4.

https://people.freebsd.org/~sbruno/stack.c

If someone has the time/inclination, can this code be compiled for ARMv6
and executed in a linux chroot with the -strace argument applied?  I see
the following, which after much debugging seems to indicate that the
host_signal_handler() code is never executed as this code is requesting
that SIGSEGV be masked to its own handler.

https://people.freebsd.org/~sbruno/qemu-bsd-user-arm.txt

Prior to 7e6c57e2957c7d868f74bd0d53b5e861b495e1c7 this DTRT for our
ARMv6 targets.

sean