qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Interested in GSoC 2017: Add a Hypervisor.framework acceler

From: Sergio Andrés Gómez del Real
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Interested in GSoC 2017: Add a Hypervisor.framework accelerator
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 15:59:01 -0500

Hello, my name is Sergio Gómez.
It seems that QEMU has been accepted into GSoC 2017. I'm interested in
working with QEMU due to my interest in virtual machines in general.
Particularly, taking into account that I have experience developing a
(simple) emulator, and a (very simple) operating system, and done lots
of C and Assembly Language programming, I find the project proposal
"Add a Hypervisor.framework accelerator", mentored by Mr. Alexander
Graf an ideal and stimulating task for me to tackle.

Besides considering having the technical knowledge to accomplish what
is proposed, I think that my communication skills would also be very
valuable not only for this project, but to continue involved with QEMU
(which is what I'd like).

I wrote to Mr. Stefan Hajnoczi a while ago showing my interest in QEMU
and GSoC 2017. I've been studying some of the project's code, for
example, the C routines that are 'hooked' into the C runtime before
main() which does some work for initializing the QEMU Object Model
(QOM), which I've also been studying a little bit.

I feel very comfortable writing and debugging low-level code, with all
its intricacies. I would like and opportunity to show these skills.

I am looking forward to his opportunity and full of motivation to get
involved with the QEMU project.

Thank you for your attention, and feedback on how to proceed would be great.