qemu-devel

Re: Windows installer builds apparently broken since October?

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: Windows installer builds apparently broken since October?
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 15:57:46 +0000

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 at 15:52, Stefan Weil <sw@weilnetz.de> wrote:
> I forgot to mention that some of the problems with the Meson build also
> occur on macOS with Homebrew: they always happen when a software package
> requires special compiler flags to find its include files or libraries,
> but the Meson build does not use the result from pkg-config for them.

Yeah -- we fixed that in commit 3eacf70bb5a83e4 for gnutls, which
is the main one homebrew was running into. Is Windows having
problems with other libs too?

Paolo: did we come up with a generic solution for this or
do we really have to add entries to dependency lists all
over the build system for every library we use?

thanks
-- PMM