qemu-devel

Re: gitlab containers are broken

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: gitlab containers are broken
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2021 09:08:13 +0100

On 04/02/2021 07.27, Richard Henderson wrote:
On 2/3/21 8:03 PM, Thomas Huth wrote:
On 04/02/2021 00.04, Richard Henderson wrote:
Something has gone wrong with the building of the containers
in gitlab, because *all* off them are installing Alpine Linux.

https://gitlab.com/rth7680/qemu/-/jobs/1006336396#L155

I think that's ok ... the output about alpine that you see there is just the
output from the container that builds the final container. Later you can see
some "yum install" lines in that output, too, that's where the CentOS container
gets build. And the final compilation job runs on CentOS, too:

  https://gitlab.com/rth7680/qemu/-/jobs/1006336699#L35

(look for the string "Red Hat" there)

Hmm.  Is there any way to get the full output of the container build?  At
present it's being truncated:

#7 [4/5] RUN yum install -y bzip2     bzip2-devel     ccache     csnappy-de...

In particular, I'm trying to add a new test, and I have added libffi-devel.i686
to the fedora-i386-cross.docker file, but then the actual build fails because
the libffi header file is missing.

I know you may need the actual patch to comment, but pointers to how to debug
this sort of failure are welcome.

I don't have a clue, all that container magic has been done by Daniel initially - maybe he can help (now on CC:) ...

 Thomas