qemu-devel

Re: gitlab containers are broken

From: Richard Henderson
Subject: Re: gitlab containers are broken
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2021 08:27:00 -1000

On 2/4/21 7:37 AM, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:

>>> Alternatively just make your changes to the dockerfiles and thne push
>>> the branch to gitlab. Gitlab will run the build and you can pull down
>>> the docker image from your fork's docker registry
>>
>> That's what I did, with the results as described above.
>
> Ah, if you can point me to the gitlab pipeline / branch I can have a
> look at diagnosing it.

One that failed is

https://gitlab.com/rth7680/qemu/-/pipelines/250583359

where the cross-i386-tci job fails.  It takes some digging to see that all of
the correct bits are in place: from the head (84f9ac62) up to the ffi patch
(7bdae288) which modifies the docker files, up to the gitlab patch (a1d93694)
which adds the cross test.  I'll note that for this particular push, gitlab has
failed to rebuild the containers, and I don't know why.

Irritatingly, I re-pushed a combined cross-test+ffi patch on top of my current
tci branch (since I had removed both patches shown above), and it seems to be
working.  Possibly because this time gitlab decided to rebuild the containers:

https://gitlab.com/rth7680/qemu/-/pipelines/251596167

r~