qemu-devel

RE: eMMC support

From: Sai Pavan Boddu
Subject: RE: eMMC support
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 12:46:29 +0000

Hi Cedric

[Sai Pavan Boddu] Anyway BOOT_PARTITION_ENABLE bits are persistent over power
cycles, which needs be implemented as properties.

> > And also is it good to calculate the address offset once when
> > partition access bits are set, rather than doing it for every read/write ?
>
> Yes and no. It would add state to the sd object.
[Sai Pavan Boddu] Yeah. We already have a member in the state "sd->data_start",
which can be updated based on value in PARTITION_ACCESS. I feel there is no
harm in updating data_start, correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
Sai Pavan