qemu-devel

Re: softmmu vs sysemu [Was: Re: [RFC v1 06/38] target/arm: split off cpu

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: softmmu vs sysemu [Was: Re: [RFC v1 06/38] target/arm: split off cpu-softmmu.c]
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 11:00:11 +0100

On 24/02/21 10:30, Claudio Fontana wrote:
- easy: rename files and directories
right. The ask in this series from Richard is to rename new files and
directories from "softmmu" to "sysemu".

This gives us a resulting codebase where some directories are
softmmu, some are sysemu, and the meson stuff is still softmmu. To me
this is a worse situation than where we started, but if I am the only
one perceiving this I will just call the new directories and files
"sysemu".

We already have include/sysemu. Renaming softmmu/ to sysemu/ would be easy enough, maybe even one-line.

If you are going to post the i386 version with the files renamed in the same way, I think that one was pretty close to ready?

Paolo