Re: [Qemu-discuss] Some not working devices in Windows 10 guest

From: Xi Shen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Some not working devices in Windows 10 guest
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2017 13:53:20 +0000

Yes, i have d/l the virtio drivers. But I have not decided that I will use them.

Actually, I have not selected any virtio backed devices. My network controller is rtlxxx, and my disk controller is SATA. So I wonder if I really need those virtio drivers. Also, which of the virtio drivers should I install for the above problematic devices?

Regards,
David

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 9:17 PM Nerijus Baliunas <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, 03 Jan 2017 12:47:44 +0000 Xi Shen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Host: libvirt, qemu, virt-manager
> Guest: Windows 10 64 bit, almost default for all option from creating VM

> there are still 3 devices listed in the "Device Manager" that has an
> exclamation mark. They are:
>
> - HID Button over Interrupt Driver (any idea??)
> - PCI Device
> - PCI Simple Communication Controller

> I know they pretty won't affect me using the VM, but I just want to know if
> I can get the correct driver for them, or remove the corresponding
> controller from the VM settings.

The Windows Virtio drivers are at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Windows_Virtio_Drivers#Direct_download

Regards,
Nerijus