Re: [Qemu-discuss] VNC port conflict

From: Donald R Laster Jr
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] VNC port conflict
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 17:10:44 -0500

This is how I addressed the need to try and select unique ports for the VNC and
Spice environments.  This is from a Bash script used to start each VM.

#=============================================================================#
# Spice and VNC Settings                                                      #
#                                                                             #
# For each setting use the last octet of the primary MAC/IP Address in        #
# decimal notation plus the port settings as the default setting.  Thus for a #
# MAC/IP Address of 52:54:00:10:01:05/172.16.1.5 the settings would be:       #
#                                                                             #
#    Spice Port (SPICEP)  : 40000 + (octet5*256) + octet6                     #
#    VNC Port             :  5900 + octet6                                    #
#                                                                             #
# The octets converted to decimal notation.                                   #
#                                                                             #
#=============================================================================#

 if [ "${MACADR[ 0]}" != "" ] ; then

    SAV="${IFS}"
    IFS="${IFS}:"
    get_mac_as_decimal 1 ${MACADR[ 0]}
    OCTET1=$?
    get_mac_as_decimal 2 ${MACADR[ 0]}
    OCTET2=$?
    get_mac_as_decimal 3 ${MACADR[ 0]}
    OCTET3=$?
    get_mac_as_decimal 4 ${MACADR[ 0]}
    OCTET4=$?
    get_mac_as_decimal 5 ${MACADR[ 0]}
    OCTET5=$?
    get_mac_as_decimal 6 ${MACADR[ 0]}
    OCTET6=$?
    IFS="${SAV}"

    OCTET5=$((${OCTET5}*256))

    SPICEP=$((40000+${OCTET5}+${OCTET6}))
    VNCHOST=":${OCTET6}"                      # Format is [host][:display]
    MONPIPE="/tmp/.qemu_control_${SPICEP}"    # Monitor Pipe

    SPICEINFO="-spice port=${SPICEP},password=isrdesk"
    VNCINFO="-vnc ${VNCHOST}"
    QMPINFO="-qmp unix:${MONPIPE},server,nowait"

 else

    echo "MAC Address 0 is not defined.  Spice Port, VNC Host and Monitor Pipe"
    echo "can not be set.  Empty values are being set.                        "

    SPICEP=""
    VNCHOST=""
    MONPIPE=""

    SPICEINFO=""