how to build debian package on arm64 machine

From: Jiatong Shen
Subject: how to build debian package on arm64 machine
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 08:25:58 +0800

Hello,

  for whatever reason I am trying to build qemu debian package manuallyon arm64 machine. what I do is first "apt source qemu" to download source and then "dpkg-buildcpakge" to build debs. This works on amd64 machine but fails on arm64.

  by looking that control file, seems it explicitly depends on gcc-alpha-linux-gnu, but when I try to gcc-alpha-linux-gnu, it complains there is no candidates for installation.. what should I do? thank you.

--

Best Regards,

Jiatong Shen