How to insert /memreserve/ region in the device tree of qemu virt machin

From: Chan Kim
Subject: How to insert /memreserve/ region in the device tree of qemu virt machine
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 00:03:35 +0900

Hello, all

The arm64 virt machine make fdt inside the machvirt_init function.

I found “/memreserve/ offset length;” in device tree makes the memory region not be touched by the guest OS. (correct me if I’m wrong).

But this /memreserve/ sits outside the root(/) of the device tree so I can’t use qemu_fdt_setprop_string function.

Is there a way to put this /memreserve/ string effect in the fdt the virt machine generates?

Thanks for the help.

Chan Kim