Re: qemu: fatal: lockup...

From: abhijeet inamdar
Subject: Re: qemu: fatal: lockup...
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 15:11:53 +0100

I will look into the latest one. Can you elaborate on that please!

And I'm running a test.elf for the similar machine which I'm building. It runs test only if the given size of the flash and RAM are double of the required/being used size. How? Is there any offset kind of thing that needs to be changed or I wandering I'm doing something wrong?

BR.
Abhijeet.

On Wed, 8 Dec, 2021, 12:30 Peter Maydell, <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:
On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 at 10:45, abhijeet inamdar
<abhijeetinamdar3005@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Are these lines to be changed accordingly for my compatible https://github.com/qemu/qemu/blob/stable-4.2/target/arm/helper.c#L9842-#L9852 or is it fixed?

Those lines aren't board-specific, they are an
architectural requirement on the CPU. They set up the
default memory permissions (executable or not) when the
MPU is disabled.

Also, you're looking at QEMU 4.2 there, which is now
pretty old. If you're actively developing a new board
model, use the most recent QEMU at least, and preferably
head-of-git.

thanks
-- PMM