amd64 application does not work on Apple Silicon because asynchronous I/

From: Fernando T. Reagan
Subject: amd64 application does not work on Apple Silicon because asynchronous I/O is not detected
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 12:14:45 +0200

Hi.

I have a custom amd64 Docker image that is based on CentOS 7 and has a UNIX application installed in it.
The amd64 Docker image and the application inside work without problems on an amd64 computer.

However, when starting this image with Docker Desktop or Podman on an Apple Silicon CPU, the application does not start.
The error we get from the application is something like this:
"Kernel asynchronous I/O not initialized because it is not supported by this host. Install the appropriate asynchronous I/O libraries."

As far as I know, Docker and Podman are using qemu to emulate processors.
Is it a known limitation that asynchronous I/O for amd64 processors does not work on Apple Silicon? Or is there a way I can get this amd64 image to work on an Apple Silicon computer?

Thank you.
Fernando