Snapshot customizing

From: Jayakrishna Vadayath
Subject: Snapshot customizing
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 15:01:18 -0700

Hi all,

I'm very new to QEMU and I'm still trying to figure my way out through the source code.
Currently I'm using the QEMU snapshot restore mechanism and I've noticed that it usually takes close to 200 milliseconds to restore a small snapshot.

I was thinking of ways to optimize this for my use case and I was wondering if it would be possible to only snapshot and restore specific devices (for example just the RAM).

Please let me know if this is possible from the savevm.c file or if there is any way to modify the actual snapshot file to keep only the required device states.

Thank you.
Jayakrishna