vmnet-bridged in 7.1 on Mac with -demonize crashes

From: Phil Endecott
Subject: vmnet-bridged in 7.1 on Mac with -demonize crashes
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 19:05:34 +0100

Dear Experts,

I am trying to get the new vmnet-bridged feature to work on a MacOS ARM64 host.
It does basically work, except when I add -daemonize to the command line:

objc[5063]: +[NSNumber initialize] may have been in progress in another thread when fork() was called. objc[5063]: +[NSNumber initialize] may have been in progress in another thread when fork() was called. We cannot safely call it or ignore it in the fork() child process. Crashing instead. Set a breakpoint on objc_initializeAfterForkError to debug.

Maybe I was just lucky not to get bitten by this before?

Any workarounds?

I am using the Homebrew-packaged qemu, which I believe is currently
totally "vanilla". My invocation is:

qemu-system-aarch64 \
  -machine virt,accel=hvf \
  -cpu host \
  -smp 7 \
  -m 8G \
  -device qemu-xhci,id=usb-bus \
  -device usb-tablet,bus=usb-bus.0 \
  -device usb-mouse,bus=usb-bus.0 \
  -device usb-kbd,bus=usb-bus.0 \
  -device virtio-gpu-pci \
  -display none \
  -device virtio-net-pci,netdev=net0,mac=12:34:56:67:61:62 \
  -netdev vmnet-bridged,id=net0,ifname=en0 \
-drive format=raw,file=/opt/homebrew/share/qemu/edk2-aarch64-code.fd,if=pflash,readonly=on \
  -drive format=raw,file=$D/ovmf_vars.fd,if=pflash \
-drive format=qcow2,file=$D/rootimg.qcow2,if=virtio,media=disk,id=root \
  -daemonize

Thanks, Phil.