Re: sparc64 -- cannot get 'Hello World' to run

From: Frederick Virchanza Gotham
Subject: Re: sparc64 -- cannot get 'Hello World' to run
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023 22:20:57 +0100

On Thu, Aug 3, 2023 at 8:35 AM Michael Tokarev <mjt@tls.msk.ru> wrote:

> Ubuntu 23.04, - I guess it is qemu 8.0, no?

$ qemu-sparc64-static --version
qemu-sparc64 version 7.2.0 (Debian 1:7.2+dfsg-5ubuntu2)
Copyright (c) 2003-2022 Fabrice Bellard and the QEMU Project developers

> 8.0 has a few issues with
> linux-user, some of them were there in 7.2 too.  And some of that has
> additional patches (coming from upstream most of the time).
>
> Please note also that there are quite a few fixes has been made to both
> qemu 8.0 and 7.2 stable series, including linux-user area.

Are you telling me that I should check out the latest code from the
Qemu repository up on Github (instead of using an official release
tarball)?