Re: Directory does not fit in FAT16 (capacity 516.06 MB)

From: Alberto Garcia
Subject: Re: Directory does not fit in FAT16 (capacity 516.06 MB)
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 16:31:16 +0000

On Wed, Dec 13, 2023 at 04:33:00PM +0100, lacsaP Patatetom wrote:
> having said that, and if you respect the constraints ("what you
> should never do..."), vvfat is a really nice way of performing and
> repeating quick tests without having to go through the process of
> building/creating/updating disk images.

While I agree with what you say here and I also think that it would be
nice if that driver was maintained and had more features... really,
creating a temporary FAT image of a few hundred MBs with some files
inside takes less than a second in a modern computer, you can boot
QEMU like this and you won't probably even notice the difference:

   $QEMU -drive if=ide,file=$(create-image.sh),driver=raw

Berto