qemu-riscv

Re: [RESEND] qemu/timer: Add host ticks function for RISC-V

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [RESEND] qemu/timer: Add host ticks function for RISC-V
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2023 09:18:02 +0200

Il sab 9 set 2023, 03:35 Atish Patra <atishp@atishpatra.org> ha scritto:
On Fri, Sep 8, 2023 at 3:29 AM Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com> wrote:

> Queued, thanks.

I didn't realize it was already queued. Gmail threads failed me this time.
@Paolo Bonzini : Can you please drop this one as this will break as
soon as the host riscv system
has the latest kernel ? I have provided more details in the original thread.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2023-09/msg01941.html

If you have dynamic clock adjustment, does rdcycle increase with a fixed frequency or does it provide the raw number of clock cycles? If the latter, I agree that it should be provided by perf; but if the frequency is fixed then it would be the same as rdtsc on Intel.

Paolo

--
Regards,
Atish