qemu-stable

Re: [PULL 00/12] Hppa64 patches

From: Michael Tokarev
Subject: Re: [PULL 00/12] Hppa64 patches
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 12:07:29 +0300

13.02.2024 22:16, Helge Deller:
On 2/13/24 19:09, Michael Tokarev wrote:
13.02.2024 02:47, deller@kernel.org:

Helge Deller (11):
   disas/hppa: Add disassembly for qemu specific instructions
   target/hppa: Add "diag 0x101" for console output support
   hw/pci-host/astro: Avoid aborting on access failure
   hw/pci-host/astro: Implement Hard Fail and Soft Fail mode
   lasi: allow access to LAN MAC address registers
   target/hppa: Implement do_transaction_failed handler for I/O errors
   lasi: Add reset I/O ports for LASI audio and FDC
   target/hppa: Allow read-access to PSW with rsm 0,reg instruction
   target/hppa: PDC_BTLB_INFO uses 32-bit ints
   target/hppa: Update SeaBIOS-hppa to version 16
   hw/hppa/machine: Load 64-bit firmware on 64-bit machines

Sven Schnelle (1):
   hw/net/tulip: add chip status register values

Is there anything in there which is relevant for -stable?

Ideally all patches.
At minimum the tulip patch.

Heh.

Ideally there's no bugs and everyone knows everything ;)
In reality though, you know this area *much* better than
me, and I rely on your judgement here.

Still the whole lot seems a bit too much here, while some fixes
in seabios-hppa (so whole new release of it, maybe without the
separate 64bit firmware variant) looks worth to have.

It's a mix of features and bugfixes, and some features (like
this tulip thing for example) actually *are* bugfixes :)

Thanks,

/mjt