qemu-stable

Re: [PULL 1/1] virtio-pci: fix use of a released vector

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [PULL 1/1] virtio-pci: fix use of a released vector
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 14:11:03 +0100

On Tue, 16 Apr 2024 at 14:06, Cindy Lu <lulu@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 16, 2024 at 8:22 PM Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
> wrote:
> > Paolo's comment on CID 1468940 was to suggest "virtio_queue_vector
> > should check VIRTIO_CONFIG_IRQ_IDX just like virtio_pci_get_notifier",
> > incidentally.
> >
> Hi peter,
> Really sorry all these mess, but I still have a stuipid question,
> where can I get
> this CID result ?maybe there are a mailing list?I just wonder maybe I can fix
> these code earlier next time, Really thanks for your help

These CID numbers are the identifiers of the issues in the
Coverity Scan online UI: https://scan.coverity.com/projects/qemu
You need to apply for access but we give that to anybody who's
a QEMU developer.

Unfortunately we can only do a very limited amount of Coverity
Scan runs (about one a day), so we run them only on code that
has been committed to QEMU already, and we aren't able to use
it to find problems in patches before we apply them.

thanks
-- PMM