[RP] Patch for ratpoison.el

From: Philip Hudson
Subject: [RP] Patch for ratpoison.el
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 22:13:13 +0100

Fixes the function redefinition problem around 'ratpoison-info'. Potentially breaks existing client code.

A function is bound to this symbol in each of ratpoison.el and (after macro expansion) ratpoison-cmd.el, but with different arity and semantics.

The patch renames functions 'ratpoison-info' and 'ratpoison-command- info' in ratpoison.el to 'ratpoison-info-page' and 'ratpoison-command- info-page' respectively. The latter function did not have a clash, but I considered it helpful to maintain consistency in this way.

I am completely ignorant of the scope of any potential knock-on impact of this change for existing users. I am a brand new ratpoison user so this Works For Me. It may be that changing the symbol generated in the macro in ratpoison-cmd.el instead would actually be Doing The Right Thing -- I don't have the perspective to tell. All I can tell is that that would result in two mods in nogaps.el, whereas the attached patch results in none, so that's what I went with.

Phil Hudson                      PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63