Re: [RP] Info about workspaces

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] Info about workspaces
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 09:20:42 -0700

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 5:06 AM, Hatem Nassrat <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 7:05 AM, Shawn Betts <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Ho ho ho, you are wrong :). C'mon expect more from ratpoison! Of
>> course it dynamically prints all current key bindings!
>
> Do you mean it replaces the mappings of the defaults, i.e. if I
> changed C-t t it will show my new mapping?

Wow, do you realize how much extra work that would be? That's probably
more work than painstakingly maintaining a static help screen. And
that's more work than just dynamically printing whatever is in a
specified keymap.

> or do you mean it even
> shows the new keybindings that I have like C-M-Right and C-M-Left? If
> both, then the latter does not work for me either :(

help takes an optional keymap, which defaults to root. root is what
hangs off C-t. It prints each key/command pair in the specified
keymap. If you want to display the top level bindings, you'd do C-t :
help top. It's really that easy!

This can be verified interactively by running help and observing the
list, then creating a new binding and running help again. Note that
the new binding is present in the list, usually at the end.

-Shawn