repo-criteria-discuss

Re: (re-)evaluation of notabug.org

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: (re-)evaluation of notabug.org
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 09:53:12 -0400

On Wed, 07 Apr 2021 00:54:17 -0400 Richard wrote:
>   > checked sourceforge and gitlab - those do not offer to install
>   > license files; so they do not even "list them"
> That means they are even worse than I expected.

although the website itself does not list specific licenses,
still, the sourceforge licensing requirements are more libre
than what is typical - the ToS requires all projects to have
OSI-approved licenses; and the extended documentation links to
the OSI website, which lists the approved licenses - so, unless
the OSI approves some non-free licenses, sourceforge probably
satisfies A4, where most others would not

i had initially assumed that notabug would be the only one
which would meet A4; but now i see that sourceforge and
possibly codeberg may also