repo-criteria-discuss

Re: Please review codeberg.org

From: Yuchen Pei
Subject: Re: Please review codeberg.org
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 23:13:51 +1000

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider ]]] [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]] [[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

> > Only A5 and A+3 are marked as > > TODO. Let me know if I have missed anything.

  > it is probably acceptable to omit some criteria, at a level
> beyond which the forge meets fully - that is the assumption > is
  > made when reviewing notabug.org

In principle, it is acceptable, but is there really any uncertainty left in those two answers? I think we can settle them now. Or perhaps
we already have done so in this discussion.

A5: here's the latest discussion about it afaik:

> 16. Does it make sure not to recommend services that are > SaaSS
 > <https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/who-does-that-server-really-serve.html>?
> >Yes, because they avoid using proprietary software as part > >of their
 > infrastructure to be completely independent.

There may be a misunderstanding here. SaaSS is NOT the same thing as
using nonfree software.
https://gnu.org/philosophy/who-does-that-server-really-serve.html
is supposed to explain what SaaSS means, but maybe it was not clear.

Anyway, for this please put down "not sure" as the answer; someone else
will determine the answer later.

I don't know saass well enough to improve this answer ("not sure"). A concise definition would certainly help. For example, does CI / CD (something codeberg is planning to provide) count as SaaSS? It certainly is doing computing on users' behalf, but sr.ht also offers it but passed the A5 criterion (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/repo-criteria-discuss/2021-03/msg00004.html, from Jack Pearson, date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 13:12:32 -0800).

A3: here's what I could find in previous discussions about it:

2.Follows the Web “Content” Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0) standard.
-There are 230 errors using HTML_CodeSniffer.

I am not familiar with WCAG or HTML_CodeSniffer and I don't know what is the implication of having 230 errors using HTML_CodeSniffer (sounds like it failed the criterion?), so I marked it as todo. I can take another look later.

Best,
Yuchen

--
PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0