reproduce-devel

[task #15701] Sandboxing the execution of the project

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15701] Sandboxing the execution of the project
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2020 16:41:48 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #7, task #15701 (project reproduce):

I should just add that GNU C Library can't be built on macOS. So even if we
can use 'unshare' on macOS, we can't build the GNU C Library.

But I am not sure if it can be cross-compiled from a GNU/Linux distro for
example for the macOS kernel. If it can be cross-compiled, we may be able to
distribute the binary cross-compiled GNU C Library binaries to use on such
systems. But anyway, this is better to discuss this in task #15390. An
alternative option would be to try LLVM's compiler infrastructure. But I am
not too familiar with that.

By the way, just for fun, the "fake root" comment could also have been written
as "rootless root", which reminded me of reminded me of SUPER-ENTERTAINING and
deeply thoughtful Rootless root
<http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/unix-koans/> (The Unix Koans of Master
Foo!). If you haven't read them, I strongly encourage it, they are GREAT!

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15701>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/