reproduce-devel

[task #15732] Minor typos/language corrections/clarifications

From: Boud Roukema
Subject: [task #15732] Minor typos/language corrections/clarifications
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 16:41:39 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #4, task #15732 (project reproduce):

[comment #3 comment #3:]
2fadf4ba6f <http://git.maneage.org/project.git/commit/?id=2fadf4ba6f>.

> I just removed the '$$(pwd)' part because the '$$unchecked' file is not in
project's top directory. It is in the same directory as the ultimate target
('$@'). After all, it was defined like this:

> unchecked=$@.unchecked
>

> So its in the same place that the ultimate target should be, but is just
appended with an '.unchecked' suffix.

I see that my branch of maneage has already diverged a bit - in my case the
'$$(pwd)' _is_ necessary. :)  A merge or commit proposal will have to be left
to later...

> By the way, it would also be great if instead of `, you could use a
single-quote/apastrophe (') to mark code components in commit messages (or
comments). This is recommended by the GNU Coding standards and would help in
making the code more consistent ;-).

I was mostly using the backtick because github and bitbucket use something
like markdown, in which the backtick is useful for strings of code. That's not
an ethical reason, it's a practical reason. Savannah uses a different form of
markup, so in principle it's a good idea to switch here. Also, I see that
codeberg, running _gitea_ , does _not_ seem to pass git commit comments
through any sort of font convertor like markdown or rich markup.

Following
https://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/Quote-Characters.html#Quote-Characters
I'm happy to try either apostrophes or double quotes.

I included a full quote of your previous comment, but replaced '-verbatm-' by
'' in order to properly close the verbatim section. It turned out that your
verbatim section was kept secret from the html rendered version because of the
typo... :)

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15732>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/