reproduce-devel

[task #15701] Sandboxing the execution of the project

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15701] Sandboxing the execution of the project
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 17:01:54 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #11, task #15701 (project reproduce):

Thanks for the clarifications Mohammad-reza ;-).

Yes, I agree, we should look into many implementations and find the most
robust and minimal. Currently we do build an almost complete environment. It
is only missing the GNU C Library, and we have also made some progress on that
front in task #15390. In that task, we are following the prescriptions of
Linux from Scratch.

Once the C library is built from source, we have all the other components of a
minimal (for a scientist!) environment to easily chroot into.

But as I mentioned, this is based on Linux from Scratch. We may find other
solutions to learn from, so there is absolutely no insistence on it.

The only important thing is a robust system that we can build from source
without requiring anything from the user or system administrator.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15701>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/