reproduce-devel

[task #15654] Webpage for videos introducing Maneage

From: Boud Roukema
Subject: [task #15654] Webpage for videos introducing Maneage
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 20:44:56 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #10, task #15654 (project reproduce):

done:

https://gitlab.com/maneage/webpage/-/merge_requests/2

I'm still a novice at PeerTube. An interesting thing I see is that choices
about federating or not, about mirroring videos from other PeerTube instances
or not, and so on, are completely decidable by the individual instances.

So a peertube.maneage.org instance could start off as *only* distributing
maneage videos, and only having a very restricted membership for people
allowed to upload (those known to be active in the project). The benefit
would, if I understand it correctly, be that if a big number of people start
downloading the video at once - which is probably the main reason for not
encouraging people to download directly from
http://git.maneage.org/videos.git/tree/ - then they would act as peers in a
bit-torrent like way, so that the load on the server would increase with the
number of viewers a lot more slowly than linearly.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15654>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/