reproduce-devel

[task #15772] R (r-cran) packages in Maneage

From: Boud Roukema
Subject: [task #15772] R (r-cran) packages in Maneage
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2022 18:54:45 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #8, task #15772 (project reproduce):

Commit 64437d76 (branched directly off 0b6e88dc in the "R" branch) has two
minor fixes and removes the old rule for R. This fully works for me (including
producing the pdf), and with

top-level-r-cran    = r-cran-cowplot r-cran-gridExtra

enabled 'configures' the libraries fully.

https://gitlab.com/maneage/project-dev/-/commit/64437d767a210bb536140320a62ca5f6796e834b

Regarding the one-letter evil :P, I think that writing "R" in sentences is
generally OK, but keywords such as variable names and message titles should
preferably have R-CRAN or r-cran, following Debian, which has r-base for the
base package and r-cran for the libraries. I don't object to following Debian
more precisely, i.e. separating the base package from the libraries, but
'cran' is a much more unusual string than 'base', so including the base
together with the libraries, all as 'r-cran', probably doesn't hurt for the
moment. If someone wants a rename to separate 'r-base' from 'r-cran', then I
don't see a strong objection. But I would object to reverting to the
single-letter name: grepping and other searches should not be unnecessarily
made complicated.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15772>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/