[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #252860] ACADEMIC PUBLIC LICENSE

From: Sebastian Wieseler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #252860] ACADEMIC PUBLIC LICENSE
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 03:54:37 -0400

----- Forwarded message from Zak Greant via RT <address@hidden> -----

Subject: [gnu.org #252860] ACADEMIC PUBLIC LICENSE
From: Zak Greant via RT <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Cc: address@hidden

Dear Sebastian,

I am not Dave, but I will do my best impersonation. ;)

> http://www.omnetpp.org/external/license.php - "ACADEMIC PUBLIC
> LICENSE".
> I think it is NOT the "Academic Free License", which is incompatible
> with the GPL.
>
> So could you please be so kind to check this?
> Thank you. :-)

This license is not a Free Software license (and is incompatible with
the GPL), as it states: "For using the
Program for commercial purposes, including but not restricted to
consulting activities and design of commercial hardware or software
networking products, you have to contact the Author for an appropriate
license."

Cheers!
--
Zak Greant