[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: log_accum at Savannah

From: Derek R. Price
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: log_accum at Savannah
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 10:59:07 -0400

Sylvain Beucler wrote:
>> The short way of saying this is that anything following -S or
>> --separate-diffs that doesn't look like another option will be parsed as
>> an argument to -S.
>>
>> Some acceptable invocations:
>>
>>     log_accum -qm address@hidden -S address@hidden %p %{sVv}
>>     log_accum -qS -m address@hidden %p %{sVv}
>>     log_accum -qm address@hidden --separate-diffs -- %p %{sVv}
>>     log_accum -m address@hidden --separate-diffs -q %p %{sVv}
>>

> Ok. Maybe it would ease the job if we only accept -S and -S=mail ?
>
> I don't know if GetOpt supports this though.

I don't think so.  It can be prevented from allowing =, but not limited
to it, on my last reading.  I'd just as soon leave it as it is, unless
you have a strong objection to the syntax.

>> If --separate-diffs is specified without any email addresses, diffs will
>> be mailed to the --mail-to address(es).
>>

> Ok. Currently nobody uses this at Savannah though.

Nobody uses --separate-diffs, or no one uses --separate-diffs sent to
the --mail-to addresses?

> You may want to put back "#! @PERL@ -T" instead of "/usr/bin/perl -T"
> in log_accum.pl - if that's useful.

Done.  Thanks.  It is useful on platforms with Perl in a non-standard
location since configure detects it in the path and fills it in
correctly.  I hadn't realized I undid the line.

> Also, you removed the text output stating that a notification was
> sent. I find it useful, because users can see that the notification
> was sent - even if they don't get the mail for some reason. Was it
> intentionnal? Currently I added an "echo" command in loginfo, but it
> is not as accurate as using it directly in log_accum. Would that be
> ok?

Removing the message was completely unintentional.  I restored something
similar except it prints "sent." at the end, only when successful.  I
also added a similar line summarizing the diff status.  Is this acceptable?

Regards,

Derek

--
Derek R. Price