Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah mailing lists moderation

From: Karl Berry
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 17:21:07 -0600

    In particular, I don't remember asking for moderation or being told
    about it

My apologies.

Indeed, now that you mention it, I too was confused about how this was
happening.  But I think I found the answer -- the savannah lists were
being included unknowingly.  (And this was why I didn't think to mention
it.)  My script ~list/bin/dumpallconf, which generates the lists of
lists to be considered by the "crew", accidentally included all lists of
which I am a *member*, rather than only those lists of which I was a
moderator or owner, and since I joined various savannah lists ... At
least I believe that's what's going on.

If you want us (them) to stop looking at them, no problem :).

By the way, I've meant to ask this for a while -- those lists have a
bunch of people as owner, but you are the only one of them who seems to
be active.  At least I have never seen any email on any of the lists
from the others, since I joined.  (I know they were active in the past.)
Maybe it should be changed to be a generic address, or just you (and me,
if you like), or something?

karl