Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] new mailing list blurb

From: Bob Proulx
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 21:23:31 -0700

Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> Another thing we may want to mention is that list maintainers
> (including address@hidden) get one Mailman "request for approval"
> per incoming mail - something that users would usually rather get in
> daily batches.

That statement confuses me.  To me it implies that an owner, because
only the mailing list owners and moderators get the moderator
messages, would be *reading* the mailing list traffic through the
moderator messages as opposed to *reviewing* the mailing list traffic
through the moderator messages.  Is that what you meant?

I review the mailing list traffic with the moderator messages (using
the listhelper scripts) but I _read_ the lists by being subscribed
normally.  Otherwise replies would get strange and things like that.

If someone is inclined to read them in daily batches (meaning to me
digest format) then they probably would not want to be seeing the
moderator messages at all.  They should probably be encouraged more
strongly to filter them out.  It would be nicer of Mailman if it did
not send moderator messages to the mailing list owner.

Bob