Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] savannah (not) out of space

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] savannah (not) out of space
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 08:50:16 +0100

address@hidden (Karl Berry) wrote:
> I believe this "no space left on device" is a savannah issue somewhere,
> since I see it happening from any client machine and any repository.  It
> just started maybe a couple hours ago.  Unfortunately, looking at the df
> output on savannah, no filesystem is anywhere close to being full,
> including /dev/shm and the like.
>
> There is an old thread from 3002 mentioning "ramfs", but I don't see
> that being used now.
> http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg01004.html
>
> Baffled,
>

> Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 17:33:01 -0400
> From: Karl Berry <address@hidden>
> To: <address@hidden>
> Subject: gnulib update (Sun Mar 23 17:33:01 EDT 2008)
>
> cannot create_adm_p /tmp/cvs-serv13728/build-aux/po
> No space left on device
> cannot create_adm_p /tmp/cvs-serv13749/build-aux/po
> No space left on device

Hi Karl,

I've just looked at it, too.
No problem, now, with almost the entire 1GB partition free:

    address@hidden vserver vcs-noshell enter
    address@hidden df -hT
    Filesystem    Type    Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/hdv1      ufs    526G  147G  353G  30% /
    none         tmpfs    1.0G   55M  970M   6% /tmp
    none         tmpfs    1.0G     0  1.0G   0% /var/lock/cvs

Maybe someone has already removed a bunch of cvs temp files/dirs?