[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Bazaar codehosting

From: Mark Shuttleworth
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Bazaar codehosting
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 23:09:50 +0100

Tim Penhey wrote:
Now I'm not sure how the layout above differs from what you have now on Savannah, or what
level of integration you you are wanting with Savannah.

Thanks Tim. Sylvain, this simple setup is a very robust back-end that optimises the storage and performance of the server, and has code browsing. The server side of Bzr is neatly implemented as two plugins, and the code browsing is provided by an updated version of loggerhead.

We would like to help integrate this back-end into Savannah. At it's simplest, this could be achieved with two links from the Savannah project page into the code host, one for the trunk and one for a link to contributor branches. Over time, this can obviously evolve into something more sophisticated, but just getting these pieces in place would be a big step forward. Does that seem like a worthwhile thing to collaborate on?

Mark