[Savannah-hackers-public] [task #9015] Support Request for GAP project:

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] [task #9015] Support Request for GAP project: Split into GNU and non-GNU components.
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 20:43:19 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

We of the GNUstep Application Project (GAP) currently are non-gnu and have as
domain gap.nongnu.org.

After suggestion and discussion with Richard Stallman, we want to
split up the project in two, one part becoming GNU, the other will remain
nongnu due to licenses of ported software on which we don't have control.

The ideal scenario for us would be to retain both gap.gnu.org and
gap.nongnu.org as domains, so that the codebase can be split while retaining
the acronym of the project, so people can recognize us.

The second scenario would be to migrate the current project to be gnu and
open a second project with a different name as nongnu.

Our concern, aside from the website, is also the CVS repository which needs
to be split in two. What would be the most convenient way?

Retaining the history as much as possible would be good.

Please email us if you have any questions regarding this.

Thanks,

Gregory John Casamento & Riccardo Mottola from the GAP team
address@hidden
address@hidden

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?9015>

  Message sent via/by Savannah