Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: ssh logins to lists.gnu.org

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: ssh logins to lists.gnu.org
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 16:43:11 -0600

    I think there is a miscommunication here -

Only partial :).

    I was just advocating people not using fencepost as a base from
    which to do secure things

Understood..

    The programs (aka extra hoops) I mentioned would be installed on lists

Understood.

    as a more secure alternative to having the "extra hoop" be to first
    get a shell on fencepost

I knew you did not want to allow straight ssh connections from
fencepost.  Fine.  Consider that agreed.

What I did not know was that you now did not want to allow straight ssh
connections based on IP address from *anywhere*.  Well, if you insist.
I understand the desire.

I'm afraid I know nothing at all about fwknopd or ostiary.  I guess I'll
have to learn.  Sigh.

So, do you have an ETA on locking down lists?