[Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #429351] Access statistics for Savann

From: Ward Vandewege via RT
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #429351] Access statistics for Savannah
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:41:58 -0400

> address@hidden - Sat Jun 27 08:22:15 2009]:
>
> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 11:16 PM, Ward Vandewege via
> RT<address@hidden> wrote:
> >>   - Can the copying task be automated?
> >
> > Sure.
> >
> > I can set up such a cron job if you want.
>
> Fine. Could you copy a couple of log files from www.nongnu.org to
> sv.nongnu.org, for testing purposes? Directory is
>   /vservers/vcs-noshell/var/log/apache2/www.nongnu.org

Sorry - this ticket got buried and then overlooked :/

I've now copied all our old logfiles for nongnu.org to

  /vservers/vcs-noshell/var/log/apache2/www.nongnu.org

I have installed a cron job that will copy the previous days files every
day, after log rotation. I've created a new user on savannah for this
purpose, with name nongnulogcopy.

You will see there are 4 files for every day:

  nongnu-access.log.1
  nongnu-error.log.1
  nongnu-projects.log.1
  nongnu-projects-error.log.1

The first 2 catch all access to (www.)nongnu.org/. The latter 2 files
catch all access to *.nongnu.org.

I think those nongnu-projects files will probably not be very useful
because they don't log which hostname the access is from. If you want, I
can add a field to those files for that purpose. Let us know.

OK?

Thanks,
Ward.

--