Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] GHM talk about Savannah

From: Thomas Schwinge
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] GHM talk about Savannah
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 17:21:43 +0100

Hello!

On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 01:07:28PM +0100, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> I'm going to give a small presentation about Savannah at the Göteburg
> next Wednesday, during the GNU Hackers Meeting.
>
> I attach my current slides.  Let me know how you find them :)

Looks like a good foundation for initiating a discussion about the
services Savannah provides -- which is what you want to achieve, as I
understand it.

As for the wiki system: I once posted my ideas about that to
gnu-prog-discuss.  Everyone of the GNU hackers who answered (some
privately) liked the idea.  We're now using that system for the GNU/Hurd
web pages, <http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/>.  It's based on ikiwiki,
<http://ikiwiki.info/>.  And yes, there is even some (incomplete,
unfinished) texinfo support:
<http://ikiwiki.info/plugins/contrib/texinfo/>.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time at the moment to go into more
details; likewise I'm not attending the meeting, but to those who are:
have fun there!

Regards,
 Thomas