Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Hosting requirements in avrdude

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Hosting requirements in avrdude
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 22:56:25 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 10:29 PM, Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> wrote:
> We just discussed about it on IRC with Mario and Jonathan, and I think
> things are clearer now.
>
> Basically I'll discuss with the avrdude maintainers in a bit and
> clarify the scope of the issue ("open source" and "linux", and only
> that), point them to the hosting requirement so they see we don't
> invent them on the fly, and discuss the issue a bit to find an
> agreement.

Better if you do it, of course. I was just volunteering in case none
of you got the time.

> We also made clear that we're site admins, but not project admins, and
> that there are limit on what we can do.
>
> Incidentally Joerg just sent me a private mail which makes me think we
> can do it in good intelligence.
>
> How does that sound?

Sounds great. In fact the project already did the required changes, at
least on the front page:
  http://www.nongnu.org/avrdude/
And they closed the bug. I did not search the entire manual, but I am
sure that Mario's keen eyes can spot any non-compliance left.

Alex.