Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: bzr + savannah.gnu.org slow again

From: Michael J. Flickinger
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: bzr + savannah.gnu.org slow again
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 20:35:35 -0500

On 03/06/2011 07:42 PM, Alex Fernandez wrote:
Hi all,

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 2:02 PM, Jim Meyering<address@hidden>  wrote:
Glenn Morris wrote:
At 23.30 PST on Sunday 27 Feb, it is very slow again. ~ 35 mins for a ~ 5
line commit. It was alright mid-afternoon PST.

Can you not just disable the cgit service (it seems to still be
available) until there is a solution for this problem? Being able to
commit is more important.
Hi Glenn,

I've diagnosed and fixed the problem.  git.sv is now running a new binary.
The trigger was a buggy spider that was provoking an infloop in cgit.
Once there were 15-20 cgit.cgi process stuck in this infloop, the
system would become essentially unusable.
I am having problems with my CVS commits right now, it is taking many
minutes to update a few web pages. Apparently it is stuck at the
"Triggering webpages update..." phase. In fact it just crashed:
   IOError: [Errno 4] Interrupted system call
but the webpage update apparently succeeded.

The machine cvs.savannah.nongnu.org seems to be under heavy load, with
lots of svn blame, viewvc.cgi and cvs processes competing for i/o.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Alex.

load average: 105.00, 106.65, 83.33

Looks like it's under high load... investigating.