Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] "or any later" clause requirement

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] "or any later" clause requirement
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 22:12:48 GMT

Hi Mario,

    I.e: Is the "or any later" clause mandatory?.

As I wrote in the thread you referenced
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers-public/2009-10/msg00053.html)
I think the answer should be yes, for all GNU licenses.

    the hosting requirements have not been modified.

If we all agree that the answer should be yes, I certainly (still) think
we should make it clearer in the hosting requirements.

(I'm puzzled by the "Message not available" items that show up in the
thread summary, by the way.  I can't imagine how messages in this thread
would have been deleted out of the archive.  Oh well.  Maybe it's just
some mhonarc bug.)

Thanks,