Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] git accumulations on vcs

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] git accumulations on vcs
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 10:52:43 -0500

On Fri, 2013-03-01 at 15:45 +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
> There are many hundreds of git processes happily chugging away on vcs,
> going back to October.  This can't be right?

Do you know what they're doing?  Presumably they're all waiting on
something since if they were all active the server would be on its
knees.  Can you tell what they're waiting on (does strace -p <pid> show
anything interesting)?  How they were invoked/command line args, etc.?

We have a Git server here and I never see that kind of thing.  But of
course the usage model is very different.