Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] A wasteland of a wiki

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] A wasteland of a wiki
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 21:58:48 GMT

    bring up the current web page and then cut-n-paste from it into a
    new location.

Yes, that's what I thought the idea was too, and one I have brought up
myself, but as far as I can see it is currently unimplementable (no
matter how much brute force is available):
1) we don't know what the current list of wiki pages is;
2) even if know, many of the *current* wiki pages are eradicated or spamified;
3) we have no new destination to copy it to.

    But I want to finish the one task before starting another.

Which is why I didn't put you in my list of question marks :).

    The Ikiwiki suggestion seems most attractive to me.

I've never administered an ikiwiki either; the fsf folks have used it
for a few things.  What is attractive is that it is vc-based (svn
specifically, but that's not the important point).  Therefore it is
trivial to make comprehensible copies at any time (like, nightly), and
equally straightforward to restore the wiki to a good state after it is
cracked.  None of which is true with the zope wiki we have now, as far
as I know.  I'd be glad to be proven wrong.