Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] what's the matter with the bzr server?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] what's the matter with the bzr server?
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 19:50:03 -0400

Karl Berry wrote:

>     > Could you, please, bump the timeout connection please? I get a
>     > disconnect when checking out a branch of emacs.
>
> 5 hours isn't enough?  Ok, I changed the timeout I know about to 10.

I don't think you needed to change that. At least, it won't help Ivan at
all, IIUC.

(It would have been helpful to have the start of this discussion referenced:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-06/msg00236.html )

> Maybe Ivan was doing an anonymous checkout?

I don't think so.

> exec timeout 600m /usr/bin/bzr "$@"
>
> Is that for anonymous connections?

Yes.

> If Ivan was doing an ssh connection, perhaps it is a timeout happening
> at the ssh level.  I've long had the following in ~/.ssh/config:
> ServerAliveInterval  30
> ServerAliveCountMax  10
> TCPKeepAlive yes

I did recommend this. I have yet to see a response, or an answer to the
questions I asked:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-06/msg00279.html

There is an internal, 300 second timeout in bzr since 2.5.
If clients are _idle_ for more than 300 sec, they get disconnected
(so maybe the exec timeout thing isn't needed any more).
That is what is happening in this case AFAICS:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-06/msg00281.html