[Savannah-hackers-public] download VM "hold" status?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] download VM "hold" status?
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 19:41:43 -0700

Savannah Hackers,

On the download VM I see this:

  download:~# dpkg --get-selections | grep -c hold
  91

Out of:

  download:~# grep-status -s Package -n "install ok installed" | wc -l
  242

That is a lot of held packages.  I think it unlikely that it is in a
desired state.  Some of the held packages are very unusual to hold
such as the debian-archive-keyring package.  I am just going to guess
that some hold command got away from someone and will start working
through upgrades of those regardless.  Unless someone says something
otherwise. :-)

Bob