Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Stay in https after login?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Stay in https after login?
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 16:57:49 -0700

Hi Sylvain!

Sylvain wrote:
> To me this is a bug.

Which part of it?  There were several things mentioned.

> I also noted in a recent work environment that https was way more
> restricted (proxy *whitelist* only) than plain http, so in some
> cases, people may want to stay in plain http.

Entirely avoiding https is definitely a problematic case.  It can't
have be a problem for Savannah since https is currently required to
log into the site.  Since there haven't been changes for a long time
(years?) I assume this has been this way for years.  Is there anyone
that is blocked from using Savannah currently due to this?

I don't think that being able to entirely avoid https is a case that
should be supported.  It is too insecure on the hostile net these days.

> There may be a conflict between the choice of the checkbox and a)
> HTTPSEverywhere plugin and/or b) a previous Savane cookie requesting
> to switch to https.

I am not sure what you are trying to say here.  The HTTPSEverywhere
plugin isn't needed for accessing Savannah since Savannah already
switches users to https without the plugin.

Bob