Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] inappropriate savannah-users mail

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] inappropriate savannah-users mail
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 17:57:31 -0700

Karl Berry wrote:
>     > You have reached the Savannah mailing list.   ...
>
> I wonder why there is such an upswing in people wrongly sending to
> savannah-users (specifically).

It does seem like a spike.  But perhaps that is simply more people in
total starting to look at projects?  Don't know.

> I changed the "Contact Us" label in the left-hand menu to "Contact
> Savannah".  No idea if that will make a difference, but it's what I
> could think of to try.  Maybe we should avoid live links in contact.php
> (contact.txt, actually).

Good idea.

> Where else could people be finding it?

One person responded that they were following the cgit support link.
I looked and found it and it was for cgit support not project
support.  I removed that link from the cgit template so that it
wouldn't be there at all.  :-)

But that is just one place.  It doesn't account ofr any of the recent
influx.

Bob