Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Non-fast-forward pushes on git

From: Sergio Durigan Junior
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Non-fast-forward pushes on git
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 14:14:27 -0300

On Wednesday, July 23 2014, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:

>    My new project has been recently approved (gnu-social-mode), but due to
>    a new member's mistake there is a commit on the repository which is
>    malformed.
>
> The proper way is to use `git commit -amend'; not rewrite history.
>
> But what do you mean malformed? These are the few last commits to
> gnu-social-mode, none of them seem "malformed":

I should have made it clearer: by "malformed" I really meant that this
commit should not have been pushed.

What I want to do is to remove this commit from the tree.  It is a very
new repository, and I did not even announce the project yet.  I could
use "git commit --amend", but that is not what I want.

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 0x65FC5E36