Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Willing to Assist with Bazaar

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Willing to Assist with Bazaar
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 18:55:39 +0300

> Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 09:24:13 -0600
> From: Richard Wilbur <address@hidden>
> Cc: Assaf Gordon <address@hidden>, address@hidden,
>       address@hidden
>
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 9:05 AM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> From: Richard Wilbur <address@hidden>
> >>
> >> I've included some interaction with bzr v2.1.4 on my local machine.
> >> address@hidden:~/src/bzr$ bzr branches .
> >
> > Yes, this worked until 2.6, where a built-in command by the same name
> > was added (to support co-located branches).  So things changed after
> > that.
>
> What changed with the built-in command at 2.6?

The introduction of co-located branches is what happened.  So the
command "bzr branches", which is a built-in now, shows the branches
co-located in the current directory, like "git branch" does.  If there
are no co-located branches, it says "*default" or some such.

To get the old functionality of "bzr branches", you now need to use
the -R switch.

> Did some of the functionality of bzrtools' 'branches' command get
> left behind when the built-in command was created?

No, I don't think so.  Both "bzr list-branches" and "bzr branches -R"
do the same for me and take the same time, so I'm guessing they do
exactly the same under the hood.